Post Graduate Dip in Business Management

General Information
Duration: 1 year

Certification: KIPM Examination Board


Course Objective
To provide prospective business and management students with a body of knowledge which will:
a) increase their employment opportunities
b) prepare them for supervisory and management careers in industry and commerce
c) provide them with a qualifi cation which will enable them to progress to higher level general management or specialised business programmes at a later stage in their business or academic careers.

Target Group

This course is open to private and public sector managers, and fresh students in the course. The course is also open to beginners, Development facilitators, Project managers and Fresh students. This course is designed for students who wish to develop Business management skills and techniques applicable to projects and business working environment.

Course Content/ Units
The following are course units:

  • Introduction to Business Management
  • Interpreting & Analysing Information (Numeracy & Statistics)
  • Marketing Principles (Marketing)
  • Accounting Techniques (Accounting)
  • Economics for Business
  • Introduction to Business Law (Business Law)
  • Analysing & Improving Organisational Behaviour (Organisational Behaviour)
  • Strategic Management in Theory & Practice (Strategic Management)
  • Marketing Planning & Decision Making (Marketing Management)
  • Theory & Practice of Human Resources
  • Management (Human Resources Management)
  • Customer Service for Managers & Supervisors (Customer Service)
  • Corporate Policy & Strategic Decision Making (Corporate Policy)
  • Financial Management
  • Leadership Studies
  • The International Business Environment
  • Management Project

Intakes are in Jan /June/ September 

The recruitment for the January intake is done between November and December; June intake is done between April to May and September intake is done between July to August.

Kindly be informed that due to high demand of our training services, competition for places is also high hence prospective students will be given admission on first come first serve basis. Only suitably qualified applicants will be considered

Modes of Study Include:

Through lectures, tutorials, seminars/ journal clubs, practical and a research project.


  • Morning Sessions Only – (8.00 am to 12.00 pm)
  • Afternoon Sessions  Only – (2.00 pm to 5.00 pm)
  • Evening Sessions Only – (5.30 pm to 7.30 pm)
  • Saturday Sessions Only – (8.00 am to 5.30 pm)
  • Saturday & Sunday Only – (8.00 am to 5.30 pm)
  • Distance Learning Only –  (Meetings once a month on a Saturday)
  • E- Learning Only – ( Consultation and Examination done online)

Learners will be attached to a tutor to guide them in their assignments. The tutor will effectively supervise the student irrespective of their mode of study.

During the study period students will be required to do WORK BASED ASSIGNMENTS which will account for 15% and CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT TEST (CAT) another 15% making a total of 30% of the final scores. At the end of each semester the final examinations will be taken and will account for 70% of the final score.

Entry Requirements:
  1. KCSE ‘C’ or KCE Div.3 or its equivalent

Note: Only qualified applicants will be given go ahead to pay the required tuition and other forms of fees.

Fees Structure & Payment Procedure
Distance Learning  and E- Learning Mode Fees

Amount (Kshs)
Application Fee ( Non-Refundable) 2,000
Tuition Fees (Distance Learners)
Examination Fees
Assignment Defense Fees

On campus Mode Fees

Amount (Kshs)
Application Fee ( Non-Refundable) 2,000
Tuition Fees (On campus)
Examination Fees
Assignment Defense Fees


Payment Mode:

Non-refundable application fee of Ksh. 2,000 to be sent with application forms and relevant certificates.

Students will be allowed to pay fees in the following schemes:

  1. Payment in full
  2. payment in two (2) installments
  3. payment in three (3) installments

NB: Non-East African students pay 25% more on all charges.Fee is payable by bankers cheque or cash deposit to:

‘Project Management Group Ltd.’ A/c No.  0470264703467 Equity Bank, Moi Avenue Branch Nairobi.

Swift code (EQBLKENA), Bank code (68)

To facilitate admission, students must complete the form and return/send to us with the following relevant documents:
– Copies of Relevant Academic certificates
– Two coloured passport size photographs
– A copy of National ID or Passport
– Detailed CV
At enquiry stage, the applicant is issued the official KIPM course application form downloadable at home page or
Click on the icon to Download Application Form  
For more information, kindly contact the Training Coordinator on Tel: +254 20 2016637 or 0727 595550 or email: /
Back to Top